- The EPA claims indoor air has been found to be up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air. (EPA)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air. (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- The average six (6) room house collects 40 pounds of dust a year. (Discover Magazine)
- Air ducts have more germs than a chicken coop. (V.P. Corp)
- A build up of 0.42 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21%. (EPA)
- 9 out of 10 heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems failures are caused by dust and dirt. (Louisiana Co Op Extension Service)
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (V.P. Corp)
- Many illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies or asthma.
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in their air duct systems. (Total Health and Better Health magazines)
- Respiratory irritants can circulate within the air ducts and enter a room through the registers. (V.P. Corp)